Franciscan Sisters Invite You to May 2013 Vocation Discernment Retreat

During this week that included the selection of Pope Francis to serve our Catholic Church and the whole world, we invite you to reflect on your own call from God. Consider these discernment helps from our own Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity as well as pray with a significant passage from The Life of Saint Francis by Thomas of Celano.

Chapter VIII
The first work that blessed Francis undertook, after he has gained his freedom from the hands of his carnally-minded father, was to build a house of God. He did not try to build a new one, but he repaired an old one, restored an ancient one. He did not tear out the foundation, but he built upon it, always reserving to Christ his prerogative, although unaware of it, for no one can lay another foundation, but that which has been laid which is Christ Jesus. (Thomas of Celeno)


Discover your passion. Discover the gifts God has given you and use those gifts to search for that which makes you free. Trust God who has placed the longing for freedom within you. I love the freedom of being a Sister. I have discovered the mystery of God within me and within the world in which I live.
Sister Mary Ann Spanjers

Each morning at communion time, I pray "Lord, I trust in your plan for my life." I know that my human effort, or even my good will, is not enough for my transformation into Christ, therefore I trust in Him and His mercy.
-Sister Winifred Crevier

I knew that God wanted me to be a Sister. I just had that innate sense...as I live out my vocation the more I see how important community really is. That's one of the things that drew me here.
-Sister Anne Marie Selinsky

Don't be afraid to step out and try something that you've never done before. And the more you go beyond yourself the more you do grow and the more Christ has to take over. And beautiful things happen.
-Sister Hannah Johnecheck

We invite you to our May 17-19, 2013 Vocation Discernment Retreat. Click here to learn more about the retreat. The world needs you.

Comments