Are You Discerning How Best to Give Your Whole Life to God

Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity share a recent response from a young woman trying to discern how to best give her life to God.

Does this sound like you?

I’ve spent this past year experiencing great anxiety over what direction to take my life. I look to the lives that my friends and other people my age live and subconsciously I was focusing so much on wanting to live their lives that I was cancelling out the life that God wants me to live. Once I realized this, I was able to cancel out all the distractions in my life and focus on God. The more I focus on God, the more I want to give my entire self to Him which causes me to have complete faith in Him. By taking this first step to become a Franciscan Sister, I am not only listening to God, but fully trust Him. I am finally following Him with utmost confidence.


Would you like to meet this young woman and others like her who are responding to God's call to be women religious, as well as meet a lot of Franciscan Sisters? We invite you to our September 20-22, 2013 Vocation Discernment Retreat at our Wisconsin Motherhouse. Click here for more information.

Comments