Vocation Retreat Notes: How to Live My Baptismal Call

On September 20-21, 2013 Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity welcomed young women for a Vocation Discernment Retreat on Living the Gospel: How to Live My Baptismal Call. We share here the first of some retreat pilgrimage notes that were used for prayer with those who came.

Keep Your Focus on Jesus
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the
Son and of the Holy Spirit.
-Mt 28:19

"The life of Jesus Christ signifies to us that the path to God is narrow and often winding and dangerous. 'If any want to become my followers,' Jesus said, 'let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.'"
-Lk 9:23

We come to live in God's will through faith in God's incomprehensible love for us, hope in things unseen, and love as the desire to live in the good. Each day must be a choice for God anew. (Illia Delio)

Think about your baptismal call from God-to know, love and serve Him.

What 3 things do you feel God is asking you to focus on right now?


Positive Thought
I will focus on doing what is most important and as much as is reasonably possible I will eliminate those thoughts and actions that do not support this focus.
Consider our November 1-3 Franciscan Vocation Retreat. Click here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
My heart was touched by night prayer and the walk to the grotto. Also the peace that I felt here.
Anonymous said…
The peacefulness, the loving-ness and how even if we're guests we are all still sisters in Christ and you made me feel right at home.
Anonymous said…
The retreat cards-the thoughtful quotes that were simple and practical. I am can always come back to these.
Anonymous said…
The way you ran the retreat in a very relaxing setting. It allowed me to be able to slow down and catch up with God.
Anonymous said…
When we were reflecting with the cards, it made things more clear to me. Also meeting the Sisters and hearing their stories.