Young Professionals Invited for Discernment Evenings

This Lent, Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity are offering Young Professionals an evening talk on Discernment of Spirits on March 22 and March 29. Arrive in time for the Sacrament of Reconciliation, Evening Prayer or be at our Wisconsin Motherhouse at 5:30 p.m. for dinner with our Sisters in Initial Formation. The presentation on discernment skills follows next by Sister Mariadele with Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m.. There is an option of an overnight stay or even of making a weekend with us and staying until Sunday.

Wondering how others have felt about these Franciscan Sisters' discernment experiences? Here's some feedback from our last Come and See.


What touched your heart during your time with us?
  • Seeing and feeling God’s love through all of the Sisters.
  • Hearing stories from the Sisters and seeing them in the hallways and saying hello to them. Everybody was so kind and exuded joy.
  • I came with an open heart and I’m leaving with a much larger clarity in my vocation of marriage-the conversations with the Sisters and their stories were very helpful. I’ve been reflecting a lot on how your vocation should feel like home and how you just know it’s not some feeling/emotion. But also knowing within marriage I am called to love Christ my husband.
  • The beauty of the convent and the hospitality of the sisters touched my heart. The way the sisters care for each other is beautiful!
  • The joy of each and every sister here and how they express it in their own way. The simplicity, devotion and again joy of religious life and especially this home.
  • It was beautiful to see how the sisters love and work together and how they consider each other a family and truly care for each other. My heart was particularly touched by the Eagles’ wings meditation as I prayed, ‘Lord teach me to defy gravity and fly with you.’

  • The peaceful atmosphere and the welcoming of the sisters, as well as the time for prayer/adoration and offices touched my heart.
  • The way God has sort of ‘planned out’ what He wants me to do, whatever that may be.
  • Seeing the community and how all the sisters are unique and able to work together so well while also being themselves.
  • Being around so many beautiful women who have committed their hearts to Christ is always something that strikes me.

Click here to register for a discernment experience. We are happy to help you design a visit that fits your life.

Comments